Friday, May 1, 2009

Northwest Trek, Trail Running, and the Stones


We woke up at 7AM because we were still on Central Time. We had a good breakfast and headed to Northwest Trek. It was about an hour drive. On our way there we passed a Great Harvest Bread which is my favorite so we had to stop for samples. We ended up getting a little cinnamon chip roll. When we arrived at Northwest Track we had a great time. I really can’t go through everything that we saw/did so I will have to give some highlights. 1. Learning taht a barn owl's "satellite dish" face helps pick up noise hundreds of feet away. One ear is positioned higher than the other as part of a cool 3D hearing system. 2. having the Elk come right up to Jeff’s window on the Tram . He was practically looking Jeff in the eye and licking his camera. 3. Seeing the baby Bisen. 4. Learning that a Moose eats 23,000 calories a day along with a ton of other interesting facts. 5. Having the grizzly bear snort at us whenever we raised a camera. 6. seeing a bunch of hilarious kids who were loving seeing the animals. 7. feeling like I was on vacation and had no where and nothing I needed to do!
We were at the Trek for 4 hours. We had a picnic lunch in the sun at the park. On our way home we stopped in a town called Orting and where there was a trail that ran along the river. It was a beautiful run. We were pretty hot and thursty when we finished though. We stopped for icecream on the way home and it hit the spot. We had leftovers for dinner with my family. After dinner we plugged Jeff’s camera into the TV and showed our pictures. Then my dad put in his movie of the Rolling Stones that he rented. My mom and I fell asleep and the guy watched the movie. Another great day in Seattle! (pictures to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment