Sunday, May 24, 2009

Torch Lake Day 2

The next morning we all got ready for church and headed to town- one problem though. Nobody had checked what time church started or the exact location. We drove to one and the service started at 11. We drove to another and it started at 11 also. It was about 10:20. The younger kids really wanted to just get back so we ended up just heading back to the house instead of waiting until 11 for the church to start. It was kind of a funny morning. When we got back Jeff and I went for a little bike ride to Lake Michigan and back. The lake was really beautiful. Later that day we went golfing. We played 9 holes with teams. We were at the golf course from 4PM to 8PM! It was a slow game. Jeff played great. I, on the other hand, need to work on my golf skills. I think I perform well under pressure because if there was water I would hit it really good : ) When we got back we were all really hungry but dinner was ready which was really nice. Mrs. Crawford had made grilled chicken, cheesy potatoes, Asian chicken salad, jello salad, rolls, and fruit salad. After dinner we had a fire down by the water. Calab, Dave, Jeff and I then played a very very long game of Settlers. Dave and I were battling it out for the longest road and everyone thought that Jeff was a non-factor. He had practically no settlements or cities or roads. However, he kept getting development cards. It ended up that he had a lot of victory points in his development cards. We were trading with him without thinking about it because it looked like he was loosing big time and then he won! Haha. It was a fun time and I did end up with the longest road : )

No comments:

Post a Comment