Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Power Convention and Mile Repeats

Today was




Today I went to two lectures: one on Solar Energy and one on Carbon Capturing for Fossil plants. Both were very interesting and I came away with a lot of thoughts. Pretty much, like everything, things are much more complicated than you think. Every solution has quite a few cons and quite a few pros. If you want to know more about what I learned you will have to ask me. I don’t want to put it on the blog. Above are a couple pictures that they showed in the Solar Presentation.
After work I met Line and Kalina at the zoo to do some mile repeats. Kalina convinced me to do one more than I wanted to—she said “you don’t look tired at all.” I tried to convince her that I was but she convinced me to do one more. Good peer pressure. We had fun talking on our cool down. Line explained her problem with not knowing that “dating” was “in a relationship.” When we talked about it I realized it is really confusing. What happened was a guy asked if they were dating and she though “well yes-they had gone on dates.” He thought they were now boyfriend and girlfriend and she didn’t know that. Kalina who is also from Europe said that she didn’t understand that either. I guess the American dating system is flawed. Perhaps we need to bring back the term “going steady” haha.

2 comments:

  1. I seem to remember that "knocking up" in Europe means calling someone on the telephone.
    Talk about confusing. :)

    ReplyDelete