Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Accident on the El and bible study

Today when I got out of work it was pouring. Absolutely pouring! I decided to take the el home. It was pretty full so we were all kind of pushing to get people to move in. The lady next to me all of a sudden fell! There is a small hole between the el train and the platform and her leg was jammed in. I was panicked. I tried to pull her out but she was a large lady and her leg was swelling up from the pressure. That was a bad first response of mine. Everyone started screaming to the driver to stop. We finally got her out buy having her lay down and then we pulled her pants out and then were able to twist her leg out. I am sure she is going to be hurting tomorrow. How scary! When I got home I ate and then the rain had passed. I went on a run and the air felt so refreshing from the rain. I resurrected my Garmin that I hadn’t used in a couple of years. When I got back I realized that I had a phone message from Paul saying traffic was bad so it would be better if I could take the El to bible study. This was fine but meant that I had to leave right away I quick showered and then ran to the el stop. I was just 10 minutes late to bible study which wasn’t bad. Mark led bible study. We started bible study by splitting up and having the guys right down what they expected from women and the girls what they expected from men. It was interesting to hear the different perceptions. I think the biggest perception that the guys disagreed with is that they aren’t emotional. We decided that guys and girls experience the same emotions just sometime the outlet is sometimes different. We talked about Psalm 139. It is finals week for the people in grad school. I sure don’t miss that!
I went home and got to talk to Jeff briefly. Sounds like 3rd year is going to be busy but he is excited. He was fitted for some sort of gas mask yesterday and has been thrilled with the free breakfasts and lunches he gets in orientation. We also talked about our plans this weekend. We are having a cook-out with seven friends so we wanted to make sure we had the food we needed. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment