Saturday, May 2, 2009

Arboretum, Art Museums, Relaxing


This morning we headed to the Arboretum after breakfast. My dad went with us and took some pictures of all the pretty flowers. It was Opening Day for the boating season so there were a lot of people down by the Cut. We had fun running down Azalea lane and through all the Rhododendrons. This is a picture of Jeff and I enjoying the smell of the skunk cabbage : ) After our nice run we headed back to shower. We then went to Tacoma with my mom and dad. We ate at this great place called Indochine. It was Thai Fusion food I believe. I loved it. It had a pool of water in the middle of it and pretty wood tables. But the restaurant was not as pretty as our food! Wow! Quite a great display when they brought it out. I had more Ahi tuna than I could eat, great huge shrimp with lots of fresh veggies and more. After our great lunch we went to the Glass Museum. It was fun to watch them blow and work the glass. After that we went to the Tacoma Art Museum. They had a neat exhibit on the Author of the “How things work” books. Jeff and my dad loved the human body illustrations. I did also. He really showed things in a fresh light. I could tell the guy was brilliant.
After that we went home. Jeff and I turned on the fire and did some reading. My parents had dinner plans with their friends. Jeff and I made a pizza together. It was quite a challenge. We tried to roll the dough and throw the dough but it kept contracting. I tried clamping the dough to the edge of the pizza pan with chip clips to get it to stay stretched. Finally we got it to be the size of the pan (we did have to patch up some holes haha). The pizza actually ended up great. It was a spinach and chicken pizza and it was delicious. We watched a couple detective shows on TV as we relaxed and ate our pizza. Another great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment