Thursday, April 30, 2009

Traveling to Seattle, Tennis, Run, African Food


I woke up at 5:30 to go to the airport. We had to leave by 5:40. As soon as the alarm went off I was up like a spring. I went right out to the couch were Jeff was sleeping and he was shocked that I was up and dressed and it was 5:42. We made it to the airport with plenty of time. The only bummer was that I had made us breakfast to eat (one bagel with cream cheese for me and one with pb for Jeff). I went to open it up and I had grabbed the wrong bag so I had bagels with nothing on them. I was very disappointed. Oh well, we bought some supplementary food. We boarded the plane 15 minutes late which was concerning because we only had a half an hour layover. However, I fell asleep before we even were off the ground so I didn’t worry about it. Apparently we were taxing and waiting for a long time. Jeff was sure we were going to miss our connecting flight. When we arrived we it was 9:47 and our flight departed at 9:55. Jeff had talked to the flight attendant and gotten our gate number and they let us move to the front of the plane so we could get off first. We sprinted off the plane to our new plane. The flight attendant was saying “hurry hurry! We are closing the door!” We got on just in time to sit down before the plane was rolling back…FEW!! On the plane we watched the movie Yes Man. It was pretty hilarious. It made the time go by fast. When we got in my mom picked us up and we went home. We had a good lunch and Jeff and I went to the park to play Tennis. The score ended up being 3-6 (me with the 3) We had some great plays though. The weather was beautiful. We then went thome and changed into running clothes and ran around Seward Park and up in the trails. It was sooo great to run something besides the Chicago Lakefront! We went back and showered and hung out with my mom for a few minutes. My dad had a work meeting so my Mom, Jeff, and I went out to dinner at a little African restaurant on Rainier Ave. It was very interesting. There was some sort of party going on with everyone dressed in traditional African outfits. The service was slow but the food was great. We ate family style. There was a chicken dish with rice and cabbage, a lamb dish with couscous, and a vegetable dish with a peanut sauce. My favorite was the couscous. It had a mustard sauce that I really liked. The chicken was very moist also. I love going to places that I can try new flavors. We went home and caught up with the family a bit and planned the next day. We found out the bridge to the Dungenous Spit was closed so our previous plans were impossible. We decided to go to Northwest Trek instead. We had some pie and ice cream with my dad. Ahh…feels good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment