Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lunch with Line and family

I woke up today to sunshine. It is starting to feel like Spring (I mean it is almost June : ) I left for church too early so when I got there I realized I was 15 minutes early. It was such a nice day I thought I would just go for a walk around the block. I ended up running into a friend and started chatting. She said she was working out and I said “goodness! You look way to cute to be working out.” And then she said that she lived in Colorado for a short while and that everyone in Colorado spends a lot of money on looking good when working out. Interesting. I didn’t know that. So I ended up being 10 minutes late for church instead of 15 minutes early. That always happens to me. I will think I am too early- I should do something really quick and then I end up being late…haha. Church was on being more focused on being one body of believers instead of categorizing and focusing on the differences. After church Holly, Lisa, and I met Line and her parents for lunch. Line had made a reservation at Bistro Zinc which is kind of funny because I have been there three times and there are a bunch of other restaurants in my neighborhood that I haven’t tried. I got the same thing though. I just love this sandwich- it reminds me of my mom’s ratatouille sandwich which I love. It is good bread with a lot goat cheese on one side and a little pesto on the other with a ton of grilled veggies in the middle. It was really fun to meet Line’s parents. It ends up that her father was in the Olympics in crew and got a silver medal. Wow! I have met a lot of Olympians in my life! Line was very dressed up for her graduation and looked so beautiful (as well as her parents). I got to admit that I think the Europeans have American’s beat on dress. The whole family looked so stylish and classy- everything from nails to shoes to just how neatly they ate their food or how they posed for a picture!

Still no power but I am getting used to this. I found my head lamp that I got from Jeff and it is really bright. The only thing that I can’t live with is the freezer. I bought some ice for it but it is just obnoxious to have to worry about your food going bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment