Monday, May 18, 2009

Universal Sole Monday Run

Today I went running with Universal Sole. It was a fun run. The weather was perfect. I did a tempo run for 40 minutes. I say “I” because I think that these guys were going close to there normal pace but it was fast for me. The GPS said we were averaging 6:33 miles. It was a nice change in rhythm. The guys that I ran with had done the Corporate Challenge last year. They said it is absolutely chaos. There are 30,000 people doing a 3.5 mile race and since it isn’t chip timing everyone wants to be up in the front. Also, it is an out and back run so on the way back you run into on coming runners! Eeek! One of the guys that I ran with just started a job for a small solar water heater company (he used to be a software engineer). They are mainly marketing to restaurants. The technology is used throughout Germany right now but isn’t used in the states yet. He sounded really excited about his work. I liked his enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment