Sunday, May 3, 2009

making the most of the sunshine

Today we woke up and it was nice and sunny. It was supposed to rain. We ate breakfast and then I suggested that we bike to Church to take advantage of the weather. We biked to church and then after church it was still nice weather so we biked home. Then my dad rollerbladed as we ran to I90 and back. It was bicycle Sunday so Lake Washington Blvd was closed to cars. A lot of people were out enjoying the day. It was really fun. Then I went to Seward Park where my mom was working for WEI. They were walking around the park to gain awareness to the amount of time women in Kenya spend walking to get water and also to raise money for rain catching jugs (http://eventful.com/seattle/events/weis-walk-water-/E0-001-020574838-4). I wanted to go to the park to see a friend of my mom and I: Mary. It was nice to see her briefly. When I got back Jeff was helping my dad with yard work. I had to pry him away from the yard because I wanted to go downtown. We drove down town and had fun at Pike Place. We bought some asparagus and bread to go with halibut for dinner. We also had some tasty samples. We then went to Gap and AE to look around. Jeff ended up getting 2 nice shirts. We left downtown and helped with dinner. My dad was in charge of the fish. My mom broke her hand so she was in charge of telling us how to do stuff. Jeff set the table and cut the bread. I made the salad and asparagus. My mom made a really good rhubarb crisp one handed. Jeff invited his cousin and her boyfriend over and I invited my high school friend Ally. We all had a great dinner together. So much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment