Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Time Trial

Today was blisteringly hot. However, I still decided to go to the track. We had an inter-squad time trial. There was supposed to be a 5k and 3k but since it was so hot we decided to just have a 3k. We didn’t really warm up because it was so hot. We just stood in the shade and drank Gatorade : ). It was actually really fun to do the 3k. I picked up speed as I went and ran 10:30 exactly. I had forgotten how much I loved racing on the track. I hadn’t raced on the track for over a year (only on the roads). Anyway, this was definitely the hottest I have ever ran in (95 degrees and humid). Afterwards I was joking that this it would not be a very loving thing to give anyone a hug because we were all completely soaked with sweat. I cooled down with Holly and then continued home.

No comments:

Post a Comment