Friday, June 19, 2009

Pizza and wii

Today after work I had people over to play wii and have Giordano’s. Holly and Darrell brought over their wii and set it up. Jennifer and James came from my bible study. Mel and Jenny came from Calvin xc. And then Jeff came later on. We started with getting our vitals taken. We all had normal BMI’s. Then we did one of the basic balance tests. You stand on one leg and then it shows where your center of mass is as a red dot and then it makes a narrower and narrower margin that you have to keep your red dot in. After we were done with that game we played a soccer heading game. I was so bad. I figured it out retrospectively. You really have to move your feet on the board that you are standing on because if you just move your torso it isn’t going to realize you moved. Anyway, I kept getting hit in the head by soccer cleats. Haha. James was a natural at this one. There were so many games I can’t describe them all. The one I thought was the neatest was this board with holes in it that had balls on it. You wanted to get the balls into the holes. It was as if you were standing on a board in space and had to tip it in order to get the balls in the holes without letting them fall off the edge. Darrell was amazing at this. This was also a really funny one to watch. Jenny was the amazing at the shooting game. Who would have thought :) It was really fun. Since Darrell works in my building, before people left, he took us up to the penthouse to take a look. I always wanted to know what it was like up there.
I wish I had some pictures to show from the night but I forgot to take any : (

No comments:

Post a Comment