Saturday, June 20, 2009

Fun filled Saturday

This was the first time that I have woken up before Jeff. I woke up around 7 and he woke up around 8. I have no idea why I was wide awake because I didn’t get very much sleep the last few nights. Anyway, Jeff cut his hair in the morning while I made breakfast. I made buckwheat pancakes with strawberries and whip cream. Yummy. After breakfast we walked through the farmers market and then continued to Michigan Ave. to look for wedding gifts. We are going to two weddings (one next weekend and one in August). While we were out I got a phone call that our soccer game had been cancelled because of rain the night before. This was too bad because I was looking forward to playing together. Jeff found a shirt for himself and a gift for his dad. After shopping we went back and changed for a run. We took the El North and then ran home because I wanted to show Jeff the bird sanctuary and some of the nice trails and views that were further north. We were really hot when we were done so we stopped at Oak Street Beach and jumped in. I was about up to my belly button and Jeff had just jumped in when this life guard started yelling at us. I couldn’t get Jeff’s attention because he was under water. She came up and said “Do you see anyone else in the water?” I looked around…oops..no. She said that because of the heavy rains there was no swimming because of Ecoli. There were tons of people at the beach but nobody but us were in the water. Haha. Oops! It felt good while it lasted. After that we went back, showered, and had a late lunch. We had barbeque chicken and pineapple sandwiches. After that it was decided that it was too hot to cook dinner. We bummed around alittle bit and Jeff got all of his stuff packed up. We walked to the McCormick’s on Wacker Drive. They said that they didn’t have happy hour on Saturday’s so we turned around and walked all the way back to McCormick’s on Rush. The reason why we didn’t go to this location to start with was that we thought it would be nice to eat outside. Anyway, it was probably a good thing for us to sit inside for awhile since we had gotten a lot of sun. We got the 2 dollar plate of sushi, 2 dollar plate of pita and hummus, and split the 3 dollar huge cheeseburger and fries and we each got a beer. It was fun. I don’t think I would go back though because with the beers and tip it was 20 dollars which is a good deal but nothing was really that good. It was fun to go out though. We went back and had about an hour before Ted was coming to pick Jeff up…OH MAN this was a long post! And probably a boring one! Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment