Thursday, June 18, 2009

ABC Jim Gibbons 5k

Tonight after work I did the ABC Jim Gibbons 5k. I bunch of people from work met in the lobby and walked over to Grant Park which is where the race started. The race went really well I felt good at the start so went out fast but then settled into a good pace and ran even 2 and 3 mile splits. Holly and Lisa were working the water station so it was fun to have some friends cheering. I ended up getting first. It is always fun to win (and there ended up being money). At the awards ceremony they called up the top three women. The women who got second said she was from Hong Kong, then Kalina (third) said she was from Poland…then I felt kind of funny saying I was from Chicago : ) Afterwards they videotaped us saying our names and then I was supposed to say something to encourage everyone to come out the next year. I said everything fine except I called the race the Jim Gibbsons instead of the Jim Gibbins! We had to do a retake. After that they gave us bracelets for the VIP tent. There were some sandwiches and salad in the tent. I hung around and enjoyed the summer night and then walked home while talking on the phone with my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment