Sunday, June 7, 2009

Gospel Festival

Today I had a lazy morning. I was irritated that I woke up at 7AM because I went to bed around 2PM. I went to the 11:00 Church service. I stuck around and talked to folks for awhile after church. It was an over cast day but perfect running weather. I enjoyed a nice run along the lake front. Later in the evening I went to the Gospel Festival in Millennium Park with some friends. It was a good time. We were practically the only white people there. At one point the singer said “can I get a Praise God from the south side”…(the crowd replied loudly. Then she said “and a Praise God from the west side?”..(the crowd replied but a bit softer.” Then she said the North side and I was practically the only one who said anything. I guess that Chicago is more segregated than I thought. The crowd had a lot of energy and people were dancing around. It was a fun night. When it started to get darker the atmosphere was cooler because they had orange stage lights and the lights of the city light up the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment