Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Olympic Day's


Today was Olympic Days in Chicago. There was a free 3 mile fun run (you just had to register online). There was two start locations. One was downtown and one was north of me. I ran to the north one. There they gave us bright orange t-shirts that said “I back the Bid” Then we all ran to North Beach (which is right by my house). I thought it looked cool to see orange shirts coming from both directions (North and Downtown). As I was running I saw three people jump out of a helicopter and parachute down to the beach with big American flags. It was really cool looking. When we got to North beach they gave us a PowerAde, granola bar, and banana. It was pretty warm so I was glad for the liquids. At the beach they had different activities set up. The best was free kayaking. You could take one of the kayaks out and tool around the marked off area. There was also a live band. They also had archery but there was a long line. It was quite the festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment