Saturday, April 4, 2009

Toney's Untra, Sushi, March Madness, and Settlers

Today was a busy day. I left at 10AM to find Toney to run with her for some of her Ultra Marathon. They do 3 sets of 10 miles. Holly was going to run with her from mile 10-20 and I was going to run with her for mile 15-25. The route was changed so I had a hard time finding her but I did end up finding her and ran with Toney until the finish. Toney got first place! She did great. She averaged right under 8 minute miles for 30 miles! I don’t know how she did it! Afterwards, Holly and I went to get something to eat and then I headed home…by this time it was 1PM.

Tyler and Jenny arrived for the Sushi/MarchMadness/ and Settler’s party at 4:45. The basketball game started at 5 so Tyler wanted to make sure he saw the start. There was a moment of panic when it appeared that I didn’t have the channel. Thank goodness we found it because Tyler was about to head across the street to a sports bar :) Lisa, Tyler, Jesse, Paul, and Mark arrived shortly after. The Michigan State game was a close game so it was fun to watch.


Everyone enjoyed the sushi making. I got a big kick out of the guys because they insisted on making “Man Sushi”. These Sushi’s were about the size of a big Burrito! They weren’t the prettiest but I guess they work well for big appetites haha. People were less interested in the second basket ball game so we played settlers at the same time. We enjoyed rootbeer floats for dessert. Competitive spirits really flared during this board game. It ended up with Jesse taking the victory.


1 comment:

  1. awww thank you so much for your support!! i would not have made it without you. your sushi making sounds like fun! ;)
    xox
    Tone

    ReplyDelete