Thursday, April 9, 2009

Maundy Thursday

Today I went to a Maundy Thursday service at my Church. The Service started at 6:30. I ended up at a table with a Calvin Nursing Graduate, a Wheaton Bio-chem major, a Lady that grew up in the Congo and now is a physical therapist, a African American lady who was a nurse in Costa Rica her whole life, and a man that was a Civil Engineer in the power industry. Very cool table if you ask me. I had quite a few connections (I went to Calvin, Jeff is a bio-chem major, I had an Aunt that lived in Costa Rica, and I am an engineer in the power industry). The service was a lot of singing, responsive reading, communion, simple meal of soup and bread, and hand washing. At the end we carried the cross from the building we had the service in to the church (about a block). This was hard work! I didn’t realize Jesus was so buff. How the heck did he carry that cross all by himself?

3 comments:

  1. He didnt carry the cross himself. They enlisted the help of Simon a big black dude from Cyrene to help out

    ReplyDelete
  2. who is this knowledgeable Ananoymous? I thought he did carry it a little ways before he got help. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matthew 27:31-32; Mark 15:20-21; Luke 23:26 and John 19:17-- He didn't carry the cross.

    ReplyDelete