Sunday, April 5, 2009

Church Potluck, Shopping, and Jeff's Accident...

Today was my favorite Sunday of the month- Church Potluck! Everyone goes all out at Lasalle for Potluck. You don’t even know where to start. I got a kick out of Darrell who decided to bring his salad in zip lock bags. That way he said people would have more room on their plates. It was fun to catch up with church people. Dave shared his great idea of starting a bookstore/bar where you pair beers to different books. I thought it was a great idea but apparently he found out it already exists in Chicago :(

After church I decided to go shopping and try to find something for Easter. I went to Ann Taylor, Express, Gap, Forever 21, and JCrew. Three hours later with no shopping bags I defeated-ly started to walk back. Then I decided to take a peak into Urban Outfitters (which is usually really expensive.) I found a dress that I liked a liked and it was on sale. I am going to start shopping there more often because it fits well and it is my style of stuff. Then I went back and talked to Jeff for a few hours. It was good to catch up as the poor kid has been studying 24-7. Well, actually I should share that Jeff did a bike race before church today. He called me as he was taking care of his injures. Yep-injures. They go around in this little track and then when it is the last lap (it lasts about 30 minutes) they all sprint as hard as they can to win. This one idiot tried to pass people in the middle of the pack (you are supposed to go on the outside). The guy caught someone else and they both fell. That was right in front of Jeff so Jeff ran over the guy and then fell himself. His hip and arm are pretty beat up. He is lucky he didn’t break something! I am glad he is okay. This was his first track bike race but I have a feeling it will not be his last :)

No comments:

Post a Comment