Sunday, April 12, 2009

Up from the grave He arose!

I woke up on Easter to a cheerful Jeff with Starbucks cups in his hand. He said “Good morning!” I looked at him and said- “Where did you get the Starbucks cups? Actually, how did you make coffee? You don’t have a coffee maker.” He looked at me confused and said, “I bought you coffee girly.” Aww, how sweet. He had left and went to Starbucks without me hearing him leave the apartment. Usually I hear him walking around. He told me how it is funny when he goes to coffee shops because he doesn’t normally drink coffee. The people before him spout off something like “single, tall, extra hot, no whip, latte” and then it is his turn and he says “umm..well I want a medium and well what do you recommend?.” I can just picture him catching the barista off guard from scribbling different orders as fast as she could on cups to having someone ask a question. Anyway, back to Easter: I got ready for church as Jeff made some cinnamon toast in the oven and cut up some apples for breakfast (yep that’s my boyfriend J.) Then we headed to Church. At church I once again was caught of guard at how many Crawfords there really are. I mean, we had a whole row! There was Scott, Suzie, Krista, Caitlyn, Ryan (boyfriend), me, Jeff, Mrs. C, Mr, C, and Granny in our row (in that order). It was weird because we just happened to sit in age order. The Church service was really good. The three points were “find out”, “fear not”, and crap- don’t remember the third. He used some good CS Lewis quotes. I liked how he talked about how God welcomes investigation. He wants us to go “find out” what the evidence. Do your home work and see what you think! I like that because I sometimes think people think that Christians have to be dumb sheep that blindly follow Jesus.
After Church we stayed around to talk to some people. I don’t know if I trust Jeff’s old Sunday school teacher who said he was always so obedient (he strikes me as the type of little kid that would always be getting himself in trouble but then charming the teacher out of getting in trouble).
We left Church and went to Jeff’s parents. There we sat and talked and I learned some funny things. Like how Jeff and his sister Caitlyn used to compare leg hair lengths. Haha. We were waiting on the boys who were in Sunday school. Jeff’s dad was teaching Scotts class.
When they got home we took some pictures and then changed into normal clothes. It was a nice day so we played basketball and baseball.
We also had an Easter egg hunt. There were different things hidden with our names on them. I got shirt from gap, some socks, and a big bag of peanut M&M’s (along with some other little candies).
This post is getting to long- we had a good meal- I left for Chicago- The end.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the great updates- its the first I've heard of a pastor having his third point be "crap". I liked the pictures- Mrs. C has a really nice new haircut! As for jeff- handsome as always with his typical style mark- the sunglasses on the head. mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete