Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ann Arbor

I woke up to sunshine! It was a beautiful day. I made some pancakes with strawberries and whip cream and ate them on the roof deck looking out at the city. A couple hours later I left to meet Holly for a run. She was going to start running south from her house and I was going to start running north from my house so we would meet in the middle and run with each other for a little bit. It was nice to talk and enjoy the good weather together on a pre-Easter run. When I got back I showered, ate, packing for Ann Arbor, and left for the Megabus at 1PM. (If you haven’t heard of the Megabus it is awesome- if you plan ahead you can get a ticket for 1 dollar!)

The trip went really well and I got into Ann Arbor 30 minutes early! Jeff picked me up in the Vibe and I had forgotten that he had a Boards Beard. I was so shocked because it was so red. He really is more of a strawberry blond than I realized. Anyways that was a side note. Jeff pulls the beard look off quite well. We went straight to Mama’ Rosa’s. We found this great little Pizza place with our friends Chris and Andrea post rock climbing and pre bird watching (that was another great day). I had found a coupon for a 6 dollar large pizza. It always tastes even better when you get a good deal. We got spinach and roasted red peppers as our topping but they ran out of red peps so we ordered hot peppers ( I felt like weak sauce because Jeff handled the spice better than I did. I usually pride myself on a good tolerance to spice and a Midwesterner beat me :). We went down to the river and popped the hatch back and sat in the trunk and ate our pizza as we watched the sun go down. It was so nice to be with each other after 5 weeks apart. Jeff, as usual made friends with at least 5 strangers who were also at the river. One particularly weird one was a man who took his cat on bike rides (ya I know- Jeff and I are still mystified at exactly how the cat stays on the bike). Some old ladies told us that there was a house near where we were eating that was part of under ground railroad. We went back to Jeff’s and had some ice cream. It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment