Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lactic Acid build up in the brain

Today was another hard and long day of work. I learned that the lights at work don’t turn on until after 6:15. I did make it to Fleet Feet for some track fun though. It was our first track workout (instead of parking lot of hill workout). The workout was called ins and outs. You run 3 miles alternating 200s from 5kish pace to 2seconds slower than the 5kish 200 meters. So it ends up feeling like a yoyo because you are alternating paces every 200 for 3 miles. I ran the workout with Kalina and Lisa and it took us 20 minutes. They kept telling me I could speed up if I wanted and not to let them slow me down. However, I didn’t want to go faster. To be honest, I had fun, but I didn’t feel as springy as normal. I think the problem was that Kalina was having trouble with her split function so she was giving a cumulative time. Therefore, I was trying to do metal math the whole time to figure out what the splits were but 200’s don’t give you much time to do the math until the next one starts. Doing math while I ran wasn’t the kind of mental break I wanted. The problem was that I had to do the math because since we were changing paces so frequently, I couldn’t get into a rhythm to go by feel. So I guess to summarize, it was good to see my friends but I think I was just tired from work. How do you massage your brain? I need a brain massage- my brain is filled with lactic acid : )

No comments:

Post a Comment