Friday, August 14, 2009

Travel Day/ email for Jon

Today was just a travel day for me. Traveling to Grand Rapids and then driving up to Torch Lake with Jeff arriving at 2:30 and going straight to bed. I did receive an email from Jon today who is in Jordan and found some of the things in his email really funny. In fact, funny enough that I really want to share some- Here are some of my high lights from his email:

“Gas is delivered by trucks that drive around the city, and you stop them at your leisure when you need gas. The best part is, they play "ice cream" truck music as they drive around. It is wild! The truck in my neighborhood plays an Arabic version of Fur Elise.”

“The toilet seat in my apartment does not stay up. Silly - yes. But a pain nonetheless.”

“No one here wears deodorant. And it's hot.”

“For non-Muslims here, the work week is M-Th & Sat. That means my "weekend" is Friday and Sunday”

Different cultures are so interesting. It is fun to have adventurous friends that you share with you what they are learning and doing. Sound like quite an experience he is going to have in Jordan.

No comments:

Post a Comment