Saturday, August 22, 2009

Today was a crazy day. A friend picked me up at 5:30 to drive to Dekalb for the Cornfest 10k. It was about 1.5 hours west of the city. I am amazed at how many farms are in Illinois. When we got to Dekalb it was no wonder that the race was called the Cornfest. There were corn fields all around. The race had a lot of rolling hills. I felt bad from the start. I don’t think I have ran that badly for awhile. Oh well. It was fun and it was probably good for me to get my legs moving a little fester than normal. We really needed to leave by 9 to make sure that I got on the 10:30 bus to Ann Arbor but at 9:15 I still couldn’t find my ride. I was a little worried but we pulled out at 9:20. I was all packed for the wedding so he took me straight to Union Station which cut off some time. I got there at 10:35 and they were still loading up the bus. I arrived in Ann Arbor at 4:10 and I quick showered and we left for the wedding which started at 5:00. The wedding was outside. It was a chilly day but it didn’t rain so that was good. Here are some pictures from the wedding. The flower girl was so cute!



















No comments:

Post a Comment