Saturday, August 15, 2009

Torch Lake Saturday







Today we got up and Mrs. Crawford made pancakes and fried eggs, bacon, and fruit for breakfast. After breakfast Dave (Tracy’s husband), Mr. Crawford, Denny (Jeff’s cousin), Pete and Alex Tuuk, Jeff, and I went for a bike ride. I used Mrs. Crawford’s bike which is extremely nice. It felt really good. We were one nice bike short so we gave Jeff the mountain bike (hehe). It was a really really pretty bike ride. We went through cherry tree farms, beautiful open fields, and lots of views of Torch lake from above. The bike ride was up and down so there were a lot of good vantage points. It wasn’t to hot because of the wind and we were shaded by trees for a lot of it. The ride was about 20 miles but we weren’t pushing the pace so it was pleasant. When we got back we went for a swim in the lake. Then we went in and made some sandwiches for lunch. After lunch Alex and I took the kayaks out while the boys were still fascinated with sticking there limbs into this aquifer they found. After that I relaxed on the hammock for awhile. Then I went for a short run by myself. I went to the top of Sunset hill. It was a seasonal road that just kept winding up hill! It was hard work getting up it but I felt a good sense of accomplishment when I got to the top and running down it was a blast. When I got back everyone was talking on the porch so I changed clothes and joined the party. We then took the boat out for an evening ski trip because the water was finally calm. I water skied and wake boarded. When I came in they said that I was water skiing with a big smile on my face the whole time….I guess it is just that fun! When we got back it was 8 and we were all really hungry. There was quite the feast cooked though- steak and salmon, corn on the cob, bread, fruit salad, Caesar salad, and red skin potatoes. I really like red skin potatoes I decided. After dinner we watched the sun go down on the porch and Jeff tried to light some fireworks. He tried and tried. Dave went inside read the instructions and came back and told Jeff to give him the matches. he then light it right away. Apparently you light the top instead of the bottom : ) We were all giving Jeff a really hard time. The Teacher (Dave) definitely showed up the soon-to-be Docter (Jeff).

No comments:

Post a Comment