Monday, August 3, 2009

Fun run


Today I went for a run by myself. Tonight is the night I normally run with Fleet Feet but I felt like I needed a solo run. My run was awesome! I went South instead of North. I didn’t cover any new ground along the lakeshore but for some reason I saw a lot of things that I hadn’t ever noticed before. On my way back I took the river walk. I ran by this incredible fountain that I had never seen before.
On my run I used my GPS for a portion of the run. Funny because I got it 6 years ago but I never used it practically. Now I am finding all sorts of cool features. It has this cool feature called “virtual partner.” You can put a pace and distance that you want to run and then you can race your “virtual partner.” It was fun. People along the lakeshore probably thought I was crazy because I was really focused and passing bikers (slow bikers). I ended up averaging 5 seconds per mile faster than my little buddy on the GPS. It was great! It also gave me some confidence for the marathon because I found that at first the pace felt uncomfortable but it got better over time until it would have felt funny to slow down the pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment