Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fun day with friends

Saturday I woke up early and Jon Gries met me at my apartment at 5:45 and Beth and Rob picked us up to go to Waterfall Glen for the Extreme 10 miler. I liked the race because it was just like cross country. They started us on a line in a big grass field which funneled us into a narrow trail. The whole race was on trails except for the last 2 miles which was through tall grass (hard work!). The race was done in waves. Beth, Rob, Jon, and I were in the first wave (under 6:30). Everyone went out way way to fast. I was far behind the leaders but still wanted to keep them in range meaning I went out to fast. We were disappointed at the end to find out that some of the really smart runners in the second wave beat us. I was a little irritated because usually the top slots are done by gun time and not chip time because it changes the race from being a race to being a time trial. Oh well. It was a fun race. After the race they had a barbeque…I think that is the first time I have had a barbeque at 9:00AM in the morning haha!

When I got back Kelly and Lynn had gone for a run, had breakfast and were studying.

I took a shower and then a little later Kelly left for the wedding with Jon. Lynn and I went to Farmerie 58. Here are some pictures of our great and large meal.


After that we went to the North Western Hospital because Lynn is thinking of doing Speech Pathology there. Then we walked along Michigan Ave, saw some of the sites, went to the store to buy stuff to make a cake for Kelly, then made a cake for Kelly, then went to the beach and laid in the sun and read.



We got a call while we were relaxing on the beach that Krista and Nicole had arrived so we headed back to my apartment. Then Kelly got back from the wedding soon after that. Then we went under my building to Chipotle for dinner.
Then we took a Taxi to Millennium Park for free Salsa dancing (which was really fun)
Then a bunch of friends from the Chicago suberbs came down and we went to Buckingham fountain to watch the fireworks. After the fireworks we had cake for Kelly’s birthday and walked around Millennium Park. That was pretty much the end of the night…wow- sure did a lot today!!













No comments:

Post a Comment