Friday, July 3, 2009

Family in Chicago


Today I tried to sleep in but woke up at 7AM. I did a bunch of “sort-of-chores”. I went through my closet and tried things on to get rid of stuff that didn’t fit or I haven’t worn since high school. Then I ran down to the Taste of Chicago. It was fun because they had really good music. I got the grilled pear and blue cheese salad. I then walked back and did a little tidying up for the arrival of my parents and sister. I actually took a little nap. It was fun to see my parents. I took them for a little walk along the lakefront and then back through Lincoln Park. We caught up while we walked. It was nice. When we got back my sister was waiting in the Lobby to surprise my parents. It was a very funny reaction. My mom didn’t even recognize her. She looked right at her and walked right by. My sister had to grab my mom in order for my mom to realize it was her. Haha. Anyway, after that we took my Mom out for a birthday dinner. My mom had chosen the place Province. I thought it was very tasty. We got to try a few different things (ahi tuna, cheese grits, poached egg and spinach salad, tortilla soup, sceviche, Chimichurri rubbed steak, grilled beef tenderloin to name a few) They brought my mom a strawberry tart with a candle in it for her birthday. After we finished eating we went to Millennium Park to watch the fireworks. I thought that they were very good. They had a lot of fireworks that I had never seen before like flowers and smiley faces : ) ! We walked home on the magnificent mile. It was a fun night.

No comments:

Post a Comment