Sunday, July 5, 2009

Presidental Bike Tour


I slept in on Sunday. I was surprised to look at my clock and see that it was 9:10 when I woke up. We had a little breakfast and then my Dad and I went for a rollerblade/run and my mom and Melissa went for a walk. It was pretty tight because we left for the run at 10:10 and church is at 11. We squeezed in a 30 minute run and it was really fun. At church I was pretty disappointed that our pastor and worship director were both out of town so my family didn’t get to see what a normal service was like. Holly and Darrell were at Church so it was fun to introduce them to each other. After church I realized that we really didn’t have much time. We tried to get in to Tempo CafĂ© but there was a wait so we picked up sandwiches/wraps from the Goddess and ate them on the el on the way to Hyde park for the Presidential Bike Tour. The tour was awesome. I would highly recommend it. It was a part of town that I hadn’t explored yet. I was surprised at how beautiful UIC’s campus is and it was fun to learn more about the Obama family. The tour went from 2:30 to 5pm. When we got home Melissa and I picked up some coffee and drank it at the beach while we caught up on life. When we got back my dad had gone to the store and bought some nuts and they had opened a bottle of wine. We sat and talked awhile and then walked around my neighborhood to find a place to eat. We had alittle trouble because none of the menus were calling our name. We ended up at the Tavern on Rush and everyone liked there meals. It was nice to sit outside on a summer night.

No comments:

Post a Comment