Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fire Fighters 5k

Tonight was the Run for the Kids Fire Fighters 5k. I wasn’t feeling well so I was kind of dreading the race. However, the race went fine (didn’t feel the best but just pushed through) and ended up winning the race. I thought I had won by about 20 seconds but it ended up that the person that got second started way in the back of the corral so her chip time was only about 4 seconds slower than mine. Wow. That was close. It just shows why races should do gun time and not chip time for the overall awards. I could have slowed down at the end thinking I was first and then gotten second! I was a little disappointed in the post race. It was a good post race festival. It’s just that last year it was amazing. I could tell the economy had taken its toll on the businesses. No free Chipotle burrito gift certificate or free Cosi sandwich gift card. They had pizza and beer and that was about it. It was fun though and it wasn’t as blasted hot like it was last year. Last year they had hoses to spray us down as we ran because it was in the over 90 degrees. Oh and Jenny Z ran the race. One of the guys from my work told me at the end of the race that he ran the whole race with this girl with a Calvin Cross Country shirt because she was running perfect splits! Ya Jenny! Ya Calvin Cross Country! (can you tell I am still loyal to my school- sorry Fleet Feet : )

No comments:

Post a Comment