Thursday, July 30, 2009

Race Judicata.....not a 5k!

Tonight after work my work running team headed down to Grant Park for race Judicata which is a race in the Corporate Team Competition Circuit. We have gotten 2nd in the corporate circle for several years now and hope that this year we can beat CNA. It was a hot night. I met a girl that said she recognized me from races in college. Ends up she ran for Adrian. The race indeed up being 3.5 miles instead of 3.1. It was funny to me because the race was run by lawyers and you would think they would be more legalistic in setting up a race and make sure that the it was exactly a 5k! I ended up winning an hour massage which I was pretty excited about. I also got a gift card and a MASSIVE trophy. It was really embarrassing. I tried to stuff it into my spike bag but it stuck out the top. As I walked home I got a lot of honks and people pointing and kids saying “look mommy! It’s the winner.”

No comments:

Post a Comment