Sunday, April 11, 2010

Race That's Good For Life

Today I went to Oak Park to run a 5k...actually Coach Leach asked me about the race so I am just going to copy and paste my email because it sums the day up well:

"I felt much much better than Shamrock. I ran 17:55 which was 9 seconds slower than last year but I think some of that was just that last year I was battling back and forth for first where as this year I was by myself for all of the race. My first mile was 5:35 the second was 5:55 (oops!) and the last was 5:44. I must have gotten distracted looking at Frank Lloyd Wright houses the second mile : ) I really like racing and hanging out with all the runners afterwards. I think that even though I am training for the longer races this year that we should keep a few short local fun ones in the mix just for fun. And I think I am on the up. I think I am going to be ready for a PR in the half : )!

Oh and some good news! After working the RIC kids camp I met a guy that works there and he told me to send him my resume and we have been emailing back and forth. Then he passed my information along to a guy in the Prosthetics department who called me and asked if I would like to come and talk to him on Tuesday. It's not really an interview- more of an informational talk / job shadowing I guess. He majored in Mechanical Engineering and now is a prosthetist. So I am really excited to talk to him."

No comments:

Post a Comment