Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lunch with Mrs. C and Lentil Cakes

Today I went and got some food for Jeff and my road trip next week. It was fun to pick out some road food in anticipation for our 24 hour car ride to Salt Lake! Then I went out to lunch with Mrs. C. It was fun to chat with her over some Cosi sandwiches. When Jeff got home we went for a run and then ate dinner together. I made meatloaf but realized that they didn't have a loaf pan so it was meatloaf cupcakes : ) Oh and I used lentils instead of ground beef...so I guess it was actually Lentil Cakes. Jeff is a good sport to deal with all my experimental cooking : ) But this did turn out pretty tasty. And it costs $0.32/serving : ) Here’s the recipe if interested:
1 cup lentils (cook according to instructions and then mash up a bit)
1 small onion, diced
1 cup quick-cooking oat
3/4 cup grated cheese (whatever kind- Jeff had cheddar in his fridge)
1 egg, beaten
4 1/2 ounces spaghetti sauce or tomato sauce
(a shake of whatever seasonings I could find- this ended up being –dried basil, dried parsley, garlic salt, and pepper)
Combine everything and cook for 20 minutes in muffin tin.

No comments:

Post a Comment