Tuesday, April 27, 2010

distracted

Here are a few fun things I did today…although I do realize now that I am a bit weird. I went through my closet and put some of my winter stuff away and in the process I got distracted and decided I needed to build a shoe rack. I was thinking about what I could use for the columns and beam. I decided on pop cans : ) I thought about it and although the shear stress for pop cans is really low the compressive strength is pretty good. I only had 12 cans so I couldn’t test out how much stress it would take until buckling so I actually decided to calculate it : ). I felt like such a nerd pulling out my engineering book and looking up formulas and drawing Mohr’s circle. I used the thin walled approximation.

Then I decided to try out this crazy drink mix. I couldn’t read what it was but there were a lot of weird things in it- such as noodles (!?), raisins, pistachios, and tapioca! See picture below:


However, I got distracted again while I was making my drink. I had been saving the containers that parmesan cheese comes in because they seemed neat (and I am a pack rat) and so I decided to put different grains in them. Next I think I am going to decorate the lids because green doesn’t match the kitchen.

Now unfortunately I have to finish going through my winter and summer clothes…this time hopefully I will stay on task : )

No comments:

Post a Comment