Friday, April 9, 2010

10 year Anniversary for Real Simple / Alona's

Today I went to the 10 year Anniversary party for Real Simple. It was alot of fun. There was a free lunch that was catered by all these really top notch restaurants. It was so tasty. There was this one salad that had so many different flavors and this refreshing after taste from a restaurant called Epic. Another favorite was this squash ginger soup. They were also giving out free manicures ( so I got one of those). I went to this chief table and watched as they made different chocolate desserts- and you got to sample each one. Then there was this style show. It was actually really good...I listened to it while I waited in line for my manicure. She said the thing for the spring is to get some great accessories to wear with neutrals and was a real fan of getting a pair of nude shoes. I will have to wait until I get a job to get in style : )

That evening Alona picked me up after work and we had dinner at her parents. They were interesting to talk to. Her mom is graduating with her PHD in a couple months and was studying Carbon Neutrality. We had a really yummy carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for dessert for Alona's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment