Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Has your brain ever turned itself off?

Today was busy busy busy. I had an interview in the Chicago Suburbs from 9-4 but I had class from 6-9 so I knew I wasn't going to have time to come home and change before class. So I packed some clothes and left my apartment at 6:20 and dropped my clothes off in the lockers at the gym downtown ( I have used this gym more for storing than for actually exercising : ). You don't think about the problem of storing things until you don't have a car to leave things in. Anyway, I took the 7:20 train which was an express train. It was crazy. I felt like I was teleported. I arrived at 7:50 in this little town. I almost felt like I was having some culture shock. My interview wasn't until 9 so I figured I would try to find a starbucks to wait in. umm...I finally discovered a place before starbucks has : )!! I ventured down "main street". Kind of cute. About a block of little stores with cute fronts. It was finally time for the interview......time lapse (don't feel like that is blog material). When I got out of my interview I felt so brain dead. I was also extremely hot in a black suit and it ended up in the 60's so I stopped by this ice cream parlor to get double scoop of Peach ice cream (I definitely deserved a treat : ). I arrived back in Chicago (not express train) at 5:20. I made my way to my locker to change my close before class and I could not remember my locker combination! I have used this lock for over a year. I wanted to cry from utter exhaustion. It's not good if your brain decides it has done enough thinking for the day (especially on your way to class)! After about 10 minutes I decided to try the not thinking approach. I left the building and walked right back in (people must have thought I was crazy). I went to the locker and closed my eyes and just twisted it back and forth- YA! It opened. Ya for muscle memory! : ) haha. now to class (first with a stop to get a Venti latte).

No comments:

Post a Comment