Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween!!!

This morning Jeff had to go to the lab to do research so I slept in and then made scones and then walked to the hospital where I met Jeff and he showed me the lab and then we got coffee at the cafeteria.
We went home and made a list of a few things we wanted to pick up from the store. We had fun shopping together. We picked up some pumpkins at the store to carve that evening and some spray paint for Jeff’s costume.
Then we went back and Jeff spray painted his box for his Halloween costume while I made lunch. Then I helped him with his costume. He cut the holes for his arms and taped the box while I made the label that said Purell. Then we tried to put it on him. Getting it on wasn’t too hard but then we started to try to get it off. He couldn’t move his arms. I was laughing hysterically as he helplessly tried to move but then I realized this was not a laughing matter. His face showed a little bit of a panic look that I had not seen before. I took out the knife to cut the arm holes and he does not like this idea at all. I managed to make the arm whole a little bigger but he still can’t move. We some how figure out the if he positions himself with his hips and shoulders perpendicular the box makes a parallelogram instead of a square which gives him just enough room to pull his arms out! Phew!
After that we went for a run on the trails by Argo Park. It was a crisp fall day- the kind that are best for running!










When we got back it was carving time. Jeff wanted to do a bike and after some thinking I decided to do the Space Needle. It was really fun. Jeff entertained himself by taking pictures of me carving and a Grizzly Peak beer (because I was a much slower carver than him).
We made a great dinner of Chicken Tikka Marsala and rice.

Then we headed to a Halloween party. We had a good time.




















No comments:

Post a Comment