Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Breakfast Club and Thief!

Today I woke up early to do our last workout for the marathon. I was a bit skeptical about doing a workout the week of the marathon because I am really tapering but I decided I would trust Coach Leach. The workout ended up being really fun. We did a mile, 1200, 800 on the track with very little rest in between. He explained that the goal was to get your max Vo2 up and that effect should last us through Sunday. It is a workout from the Olympic Training camp. Coach Leach calls it the Breakfast Club because it is done in the early morning and is nutriment for the marathon. I was pleased that my marathon legs could still run a 5:28 mile and fast 1200 and 800 (don’t remember the times).

After work was quite the event. I was going home when these two guys came up on this girl and whisked her wallet out of her purse and then dodged through the people. The guy behind me yelled “PICK POCKETER--- GET THEM”!!! And then everyone went crazy- it was like this swarm of people flooding the streets chacing these 2 guys in the middle of the street. 2 police were chacing- one under cover. They caught them and body slammed them into the street. The thieves were throwing punches and the cops whipped out there guns and were yelling. Then got the guys hand cuffed and stuck them in the police cars. It was quite exciting! My heart was still pounding for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment