Saturday, October 10, 2009

Pre Marathon day


Today was so busy- but fun. I woke up and headed out to the CARA board where I met Beth and others to do strides to get ready for the marathon the next day. A little later Beth’s boyfriend picked us up and we went to Starbucks to get lattes and kill some time until 10am when our marathon meeting was. At the marathon meeting we dropped off our gels with people who would be working at different Fleet Feet stations along the race with our projected time of day that we would arrive at the stop. Then he talked about the weather and the race and how we should start off slow. After the meeting I headed home. Lynn’s train from Purdue had gotten in a little bit early so she was waiting for me at home. We made some lunch and then headed to the expo. We sampled and trialed a lot of new running products. After that we went back and started making dinner. We wanted to have an early dinner. I made pesto and chicken pasta and I put Lynn in charge of making garlic bread. Jenny and Tyler brought a salad. We all had so much fun catching up- it was Lydia, Kyle, Jenny, Tyler, Mel, Lynn, and I. Lydia and I are planning on running the marathon together. I am not sure if I can keep up with her because she told me she has been running 100 miles a week to prepare for the marathon. That is 40% more miles than me. oh well. I will give it a shot. Later that night Anne Fennema’s train got in and she spent the night with me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment