Sunday, October 4, 2009

good church service and day

Another fun day. I woke up and ran to Bucktown where the Bucktown 5k was. I was just planning on jogging it because of the marathon coming up but after 2 miles of holding back it was driving me crazy so I ran a fast last mile and ended up getting second. After the race I hung around and chatted with work friends and then headed home and went to Church. Church was really good. It was on a passage where the disciples wanted Jesus to condeme a sinner and also where the disciples wanted Jesus to tell them who was the best disciple and Jesus would have nothing to do with it. The sermon talked about how sometimes we get confused on whether people are rejecting us or rejecting Jesus. We want to judge people and have some sort of pecking order. People that don't think or act or look like us we sometime jump and say they are rejecting Jesus when in fact we just feel like we are being rejected or we want to feel superior to that person. It was an interesting point. In addition, she talked about how it is not our job to condemn or judge others- the best was to be a disciple is to focus on sharing what God is doing in our life-not on how we think someone is living in sin. I thought this was a good point. She pointed out several passages were Jesus made a point to associate with people that were in the minority and people that were living differently. There was a church potluck after church so I went to that. Later that evening I watched a movie. (like my new version of a fruit bowl? : )

No comments:

Post a Comment