Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sick

This morning I woke up feeling very sick. Some sort of stomach bug and a fever. It was terrible. I had plans to meet my friend Katie to study for the FE at 12:30 and by that time I had taken medicine and felt like I could journey outside. We studied until 3:30 and then I went home shivering and miserable again. I took more medicine and feel like I should be okay but whenever I get out of bed I can accomplish about 10 minutes worth of things and then I curl back up in bed. Urg! Well, no exercise today and hope I feel better soon. I was supposed to run with my friend Heather but we rescheduled for Saturday morning. On the job front, I really had my hopes set on doing research in the Sensory Motor Performance Program (SMPP) at RIC (Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago). I applied a few weeks ago and didn't hear anything so I applied today to volunteer in the prosthetic department or the research department and I got the following response:

"Thank you for your interest in volunteering at RIC. We do not have any volunteer opportunities in prosthetics currently. As for research, I talked to someone in that dept and they said they have over 300 applications for 12 spots, sorry!"

I can't believe that I can't even volunteer! crazy.

If anyone reading my blog hears or knows of anyone who works for a company that does biomedical engineering (or just a company that you think is neat and hires engineers) please don’t hesitate to let me know. If anything, I could talk to them and get some ideas of places I should look at. Thanks!

Oh and I got a birthday present from my sister. Two wii remotes. Now I can play team games (I only had one). AND- I have a PINK controller. Ya! love pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment