Tuesday, February 2, 2010

lululemon Athletica Product Testing

I was asked if I would come into Lululemon Athletica to do some product testing. They are a mainly yoga store based in California. They have a few new stores in Chicago and are trying to branch out with a new running line I thought the store was really cool (it did seem California-ish with all the bright colors so we will see how it does in Chicago- the first thing I told them was that none of their running clothes are warm enough for Chicago: )!. They had me try on a bunch of clothes and tell them what I liked and didn't like about the clothes. It was fun but kind of a funny feeling because there was a group of designers who just sat with a big black board and then you would come out of the dressing room and and they would make notes on what you said or on how things felt. I had a blast and in exchange for a half an hour of my time I got 200 dollars of gear! I really like my new hot pink "Leader of the Track" jacket! All the products have alot of cool details- for example- a ponytail hole in the hood and a little attachment to hold an extra hair tie in case your brakes mid run, you can choose to have a visor or not a visor on the hood, there is special material in the "high sweat areas, the material is made with a 2 way stretch pattern so your mobility is not compromised....I love techy clothing : ) I would love to be one of those designers of running clothes.

1 comment: