Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dogs for lunch

Today at lunch I went out to lunch with a few friends. We all like this little hot dog place. It’s really fun because they have a hot dog style from each of the states and it’s really cheap. We normally all get a Chicago and then something else. Today I got the Chicago and the New Orleans. A New Orleans Dog has barbeque sauce, grilled sweet onions, and sliced tomatoes. I am starting to feel like quite a dog expert. What dog would you like to know about.. how about the Atlanta Dog—that’s coleslaw and chili on a dog ….oh I know… I bet you want to know what hot dog in Des Moines -------It’s the Corn Dog! So never get a dog in Des Moines Mom : )

2 comments:

  1. The coleslaw and chili dog must be a riff on The Varsity which is a famous drive-up fast food place down here. They sell chili slaw dogs and even chili cheese slaw dogs. It's right by Georgia Tech's stadium so it gets packed before and after football games.
    http://www.thevarsity.com/menu.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! Thanks for updating my knowledge of the Atlanta Dog from an actual resident of Atlanta! I guess it is a ways from Chicago to Atlanta and the recipe must have been altered along the way : ) Guess I will have to come to Atlanta to try the true Varsity Dog : )

    ReplyDelete