Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Christmas Carol in 3d- fun with friends in Oak Park

The weather was so nice today! I went for a short run in the morning through the zoo (in shorts and a Tshirt : ) and then I went out to lunch with Pam. I then went home and went and took my bike to the bike store because I had a flat tire. I ended up needing new tires—my bike wasn’t the best purchase! But the good news was that when I got back I had an email from someone wanting to buy my rug that I have been trying to sell. I sold it for 70 dollars which paid for my new tires. I was so happy to have to out of my closet! I talked to Jeff for a little bit and then I took the train to Oak Park. I met my friend Alona and we poked around Oak Park for a bit and then met 3 of her friends for dinner at Bar Louie. After dinner we went to see The Christmas Carol in 3D. It was really cute and I always like 3D movies. After the movie we went to a cute little place that had live music and Gelato. We talked for along time. It was fun to meet Alona’s friends. One of the girls was an ME for a Nuclear plant in Illinois and did some jobs with my company. One of the other girls when to UIC and is now doing research and the dispersion patterns of seeds that fall from trees. She told us she was digging through the fallen leaves to see where the seeds had landed under this tree and one of those cheesy tour trolleys went buy and slowed down and said “ Now isn’t that the biggest squirrel you have ever seen!” and she looked up to realize she was a part of the tour jokes! I thought this story was hilarious. I spend the night with Alona at her parent’s house in Oak Park because it is close to the race we are going to tomorrow morning. It was nice to spend a night with a family in a house.

No comments:

Post a Comment