Friday, November 13, 2009

At Purdue....and problems with the key

It was a bit stressful today trying to catch my train because we were busy at work but I got to the station just in time to make the 5:45pm. The train ride was pleasant. It went by really fast and I arrived at Purdue alittle after 10pm. Laura Jackson and her Calvin roommates picked me up from the train station and then we went to Insomnia Cookies for a treat. The cookies were good because they were still warm. I had a bit of a scare after that. They dropped me off at Lynn’s apartment and gave me the key Lynn had given them to give to me. I went to try to stick the key in the lock and it didn’t fit into the lock! I thought that maybe it was the other apartment building so I walked over to that one and tried the key. No luck. So I walked back to the one they had dropped me off at and tried to fiddle with the key. As I was fiddling I pulled back on the door and fell backwards—The door was unlocked! In fact, as I looked at the side of the door I realized that this door was never locked. I then went to her apartment and used the key on her door and got in just fine. Oop! It hadn’t occurred to me that only the rooms would be locked and anyone could get into the lobby! I guess I have been living in Chicago to long : ) Lynn was home shortly after and we went to bed because by this time it was after 1pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment