Saturday, September 19, 2009

Knight Invite




We woke up early and met at Alliance for pancakes. It was fun to see people I hadn’t seen for awhile like Anne Fennema. After breakfast we walked to the Calvin course. It was perfect running weather. It was kind of cold but not too cold. The girls ran very well. They won easily. Liz had a great race and run about 40 seconds faster than last year at the knight invite. The guys didn’t have the best day. I heard Diemer get interviewed and he says “well…there were a few gems on the guys side and that’s what we will focus on.” He is always positive.


















Jim came to the race. I attached a picture with him.

After the race we went out to lunch at Ruby Tuesday’s with Kelly Edwards parents, Kelly, Emily, Anika, Anne, Laura, Mel, and Lauren. I took this picture because I realized we were all wearing the same running watch just in different colors! I had so much fun. I don’t think I have laughed so much in a really long time. We were telling old stories and new stories and just having such a great time. It is crazy how close you get to teammates!

I left with Mel and Emily Arkus around 5pm to head back to Chicago. She dropped us off at the farthest south redline station and then continued southwest.















No comments:

Post a Comment