Saturday, September 26, 2009

Frank Lloyd Wright and other fun

The next morning, I went for a run and my mom went for a walk. We both went to the farmers market and picked up some fruit. We made Potato and cheese waffles for breakfast and has some very good cantaloupe. After breakfast we headed to Oak Park to go on the Frank Lloyd Wright tour of his home and studio. It was interesting to learn a little more about Frank Lloyd Wright. My favorite room was the kids play room. What was interesting was that he had designed it for someone about 4 feet tall so it kind of messed with your mind. We poked around Oak Park a bit. There were a few unique shops which were fun to look at. We ended up going to a Greek place after walking around a long time trying to find the restaurant Grape Leaves- finding it and finding that it was closed since it was about 2:30ish. My mom got flaming cheese which was fun to see. After that we went to China Town. It was supposed to be the Moon Festival but there was a big sign that said that the festival was moved to Sunday….oops! Well- touring with Christina always has a few wrinkles- closed restaurants, wrong trains, wrong dates…hummm…hope you will come back mom! : )

After China town we went home and relaxed for a bit and then decided where to go to dinner. We decided on Roy’s and it was very good. I got the fish sampler (see picture below) and my mom got some other fish (also below) that I hadn’t heard of. We sat right on the counter and it was really fun to watch them cook. They also game us some tastes of Sushi while we waited for our food. I really enjoyed my meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment