Monday, September 21, 2009

Morning run

Today I ran in the morning. I needed to do a hard run in the morning to get my body ready to race in the morning. I woke up at 5am grabbed some gels and was on the street still half asleep at 5:06. The workout was a hard one. The longest workout I have EVER done. It was 15 miles cut down. I was to think of it as 5 sets of 3 miles each getting faster. I had difficulty with my watch so I mainly had to go by feel. It was an exhilarating feeling to watch the sun rise. In fact, I kind of turned it into a game. I was trying to race it. The sun actually moves pretty fast! I got back showered ate and went to work. However, I had just been awake for too long so by 10:30 I was ready for lunch. So I ended up eating my sack lunch and having to buy another lunch during my lunch hour.
After work I did some shopping for wedding and birthday gifts and then made dinner, read magazines, and talked to Jeff. I felt like I had so much time that evening. The problem was that I missed going to Fleet Feet and running with friends and then hanging out afterwards. I kept thinking- I wonder how the workout went, I wonder if it was free Jamba Juice day, and other things about peoples lives that we usually talk about on the run. I realized that running in the morning would be very conducive to having a family and having an earlier dinner with a husband or something but there really is no social aspect to running alone in the dark in the morning. It was fun for a change though and I defiantly like to run alone several times a week but I really like running with a group of friends also.

No comments:

Post a Comment