Wednesday, September 9, 2009

sad run - then interesting run!

Today I had a crazy run after work. I was running on the lakefront when a wheelchair athlete went by me. They have these low bikes with three wheels. I remember thinking how quiet the bike was since I usually hear normal bikes coming. The next thing I heard was "CLA-LUMP" and I rounded the turn to see that a car had hit the paraplegic. The guy was crying and holding his arm. I felt so bad for him. Here is an athlete with only two arms and now he was clearly going to be down to one for awhile and going to need a new bike which I am sure are really expensive and potentially custom made. My eyes actually started to water because I felt so bad for him. Who know, maybe he was training for the Chicago Marathon : ( !

I ended my run at Fleet Feet where I used a gift card to buy some gels for the marathon. Someone told me that I need to get my stomach used to the gels so I bought 15 of them to experiment with.

Then I went a couple blocks west and then turned south to go home and I went two blocks and I couldn't believe what I saw! I pasture with about 8 horses! Smack in the middle of skyscrapers! I went closer to read the sign and I guess it is where they keep the police horses. Guess that makes since.

No comments:

Post a Comment