Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday

Today I got a lot of things done. I went to Church which was a good service. The sermon was about wealth. The main thing that I got from it is that wealth is not necessarily bad but God wants us to be free and sometimes money is something that has too much of a grip on us and makes us not free to do His work.

Then I went home and did a couple chores and then I rode my bike to Acceleration where Coach Leach works and he scheduled out my last 3 weeks of training before the marathon. He was really helpful. After that I biked to Village Cycle because my brakes kept sticking on my bike. They said they would work on it and I should come back in an hour. So I poked around the shops in Old Town and got some coffee. I went back and they said that I had needed a new cable because it was corroded. It was 15 dollars so I thought that wasn’t bad at all. I took my bike got outside and started peddling and I tried out the brakes. Eek! One didn’t work at all now. I marched right back in and said that the brakes didn’t work. I just watched as they worked some more and I made friends with the bike guys. I ended up getting a T-shirt, a kick stand, and a bike reflector for free. It was great! They also greased it up. It’s working great now!

I got back and re-arranged the furniture- didn’t like it so I had to move it back to how I had it. Then I decided to attempt to paint a picture again. Painting is hard! It is going to take some practice. I liked this much better than my first attempt though. I decided to take the day off from exercising. It was a nice day…but it went by too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment