Thursday, July 29, 2010

Marathon training

Well the marathon is less than 12 weeks away now! My coach is friends with Coach Vigil (former coach of Deena Kastor). He called Coach Vigil for suggestions on my training and the result was a new 12 week plan that is going to be rough! However, I love the challenge. I have a workout called an LT-V every week. This workout is done at the pace that you can run an all out mile + 40 seconds. The goal is to sustain this pace for as long as possible. When you can't sustain the pace you have to stop. So far I can sustain this pace for 4 miles- this is not going to cut it. Hopefully by the marathon I can sustain this pace for 8 miles. I will keep you posted on that : ) Each week also consists of a long run, a speed workout of a distance less than 400 meters repeats, a speed workout of less than 5k distance repeats, a core workout (focusing on improving running form), a strength workout (done with bands), and a power workout (jumping, skipping, etc.)...whew! Olympic trials here I come : )

4 comments:

  1. sounds incredible. keep us posted on how training goes... you are so "Olympic material"! :)
    aloha, t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds intense! I definitely want to include this in our film :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crazy girl!! :) hehe. Actually, I guess I can't bug you too much, because it sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete